Monday 25 April 2016

UNIVERSAL

The 61th Eurovision Song Contest is approaching. That's way the national selection for this competition is the subject that today I would like to touch on. To be honest, I have to say that I am a little bit disappointed. As you know, song which will be representing Poland during the contest in May is Michal Szpak's "Color of Your Life". I like him! And moreover, I do like this song! But... in our national selection few months ago, there was another song which won my heart. This song, called "Universal" and performed by Dorota Osinska would really win the Europeans hearts. Exactly... "would", because the Polish audience didn't notice the huge potential of this track.

Dorota Osinska is an actress and a singer. She has been performing on the stage for more that 15 years already and she has released 3 albums. Moreover, last year she performed as an honour guest in duet with Jose Carreras. Now she is working with a world-famous composer and producer Rick Allison.

But, first of all, we have to appreciate her voice which is very nice, strong and let's say "in tune". Please listen to this song and pay attention to the timbre and scale of her voice. 


I think that this ballad is very pleasant and it grows on you the more you listen to it. This could be a song taken from a stage musical or even from animated Disney film. Unfortunaltely she wasn't the biggest name in this national selection (she was competing with the Polish stars like Margaret or Edyta Górniak) and that's why she wasn't the favourite. However I hope that the Polish audience won't forget about her performance. 

Some people compare Dorota Osinska to the great Belgian singer Lara Fabian and I think they are right because both of them have a beautiful and powerful voice. Furthermore, the author of the song "Universal" Rick Allison is also the author of many Lara Fabian's tracks. When Dorota Osinska was asked what impelled her to take part in the Polish national selection for Eurovision 2016 she responded : It was a spontaneous decision made at last minute. When I heard about Polish selections, Rick Allison with whom I was working, told me that he had a perfect song for that. When I heard it I knew that was IT. 

Meanwhile, I keep my fingers crossed for Michał Szpak and his song "Color of Your Life". I hope he will represent with dignity our country during the 61th Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm.


No comments:

Post a Comment