Tuesday 3 May 2016

RISE LIKE A PHOENIX

Today I would like to continue the subject of Eurovision Song Contest and express my opinion about the Conchita 's song Rise like a phoenix which won this competition in 2014.
To my mind, this is a very, very good song. Especially, I like the orchestral moments which make me think about the James Bond movies. Anyway, as a big fan of the films about the agent 007 I think that this track would be a great song for the James Bond series.



I also appreciate the message contained in the lyrics of this ballad. All of us are different and we should be tolerant towards each other. The differences are beautiful and we have to be proud of them and respect people who differ from us. Besides, I don't agree with the reproachs concerning the Conchita's appearance. For me it doesn't matter how does somebody looks like, but what he or she can do. In my opinion this song would win this competiton even if this singer didn't disguised as a woman. The ESC is the music competition and not the best stage outfit contest. The Conchita's beard and dress doesn't disturbed me at all. Moreover, Conchita as an artist is more privileged and I treat her outfit as a stage creation.

Eventually, I have to admit I am very glad that two years ago this song won the ESC and I really want people to be more tolerant, not only towards the artists but also towards normal people.
And you? What do you think about her and about this track?

No comments:

Post a Comment