Friday 1 April 2016

RUBIK'S PARADISE

Hi again!

Few days ago I heard very beautiful Polish song which pushed me into writing a post about songs with a deep message. To be honest I can't stand the empty songs without any sense, without any value... Yes, I know, recently I said that for me the music is more important than lyrics, but if I want to listen to the Polish songs, I want them to be valuable.

To my mind one of the most gifted Polish musicians is Piotr Rubik. He is well known composer of symphonic pop music for orchestra, film and theatre. What's interesting is that he studied film score composition in Siena under maestro Ennio Morricone. Moreover, he plays the piano and the cello as well. His opus magnum is called Tu es Petrus and this is the oratorio dedicated to John Paul II which contains Rubik's most popular song Let's them say it's not love (Niech mówią, że to nie jest miłość).
However almost all the songs are written by one of the Polish poets and screenwriters Zbigniew Książek who is the author of the song that I am going to talk about today.

The song called Strażnik Raju talk about a man who visits the paradise in order to talk with an Angel. He want to make sure that he won't be alone in the moment of death and also after it. He ask about the truth and the sense of life as well, but the Angel says to him that even if he responds to him, nothing won't change. For the Angel, it's a waste of time and people should live and not asking over and over...

Strażnik Raju is a part of the album Opisanie świata premiered on november 8th, 2011.
In my opinion, this a is very good song and I would like you to listen to songs of the duet Rubik & Książek because they are worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment